Waltham Forest Liberal Democrats have approved a plan to reduce key parking charges following their review of the Councils parking strategy .
For residents living in controlled parking zones (CPZ’s) visitor permits have been reduced by up to 14.5%, business permits reduced by 5% and for the fourth year in a row car park charges and on-street parking vouchers have been frozen. Refund and administration fees have also been slashed by up to 61%.
Referring to Labour’s Council motion in December last year Cabinet Member for Environment Cllr Bob Belam said:
“While others produce reports Liberal Democrats have again led the way by reducing key parking charges for the next financial year.”
“In the current economic climate it is right that we listen to our residents and businesses and help them where we can.”
- A 12 month business permit is reduced from £410 to £390
- CPZ visitors permits will reduce from
- £21 to £18 for books of 5 hrs tickets
- £18 to £16 for books of 2 hr tickets
- £15 to £14 for books of 1 hr tickets
- 15 Minute School permits stay at £15 for low emission vehicles